Savory Morsels

The Culinary Adventures of a California Girl

Sunday, February 18, 2007

***February 18, 2007: Town***

Town
At the Chambers Hotel
15 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019
*************************
Although I was not sure that I had any more room in my stomach after two amazing nights of eating, I still could not pass up the opportunity to have a leisurely Sunday brunch. We decided to check out Town’s brunch since we were in the area and the menu looked pretty good. There was some confusion with finding a hostess and a table, but as soon as we were seated the waiter and servers were very accommodating. My friend had the artichoke and mushroom omelet and I had the scrambled egg and goat cheese brushetta with poached eggs instead. I definitely ordered well. My eggs were cooked almost perfectly (perhaps the whites were a little too runny on the inside, but they were completely free of any vinegar flavor) and presented beautifully on a plate drizzled with pesto with toppings of creamy goat cheese and tomato. It was the perfect light but filling brunch. My dinner companion, on the other hand, did not enjoy her omelet. She commented that the vegetables did not taste fresh and her omelet looked oddly smooth and uniform in color. After seeing her dish, I agreed that I was lucky with my order, and (especially in a city like New York) Town is probably not worth a return trip.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home