Savory Morsels

The Culinary Adventures of a California Girl

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

***August 30, 2006: Boulette's Larder***

After eating many amazing lunches there, I finally stopped by Boulette's Larder for breakfast the first time last Wednesday.

On a beautiful California morning, sitting outside, gazing the bay bridge, and eating good food basically equals my version of heaven. The menu was a bit limited for me (only 5 options one of which was a warm grain cereal which doesn't seem to fit with the season . . .) and I was disappointed to learn they didn't have an espresso machine, but I was more than happy with my selection of smoked salmon, toast, and a light salad with radishes. The food was fresh and clean as always, and I happened to have just bought a jar of Frog Hollow's new apricot orange jam (AMAZING!!) that went perfectly on my toast.

Overall – it’s a great morning stop when there isn't a farmers market going on. The parking lot was basically empty and with validation it was only $2.50. And with such a convenient location, I'm sure I'll be returning to meet up with visiting friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home